A few simple changes can make a huge difference in your carbon footprint and the amount of waste generated by your household. Here are some easy tips to get you started.
1. BECOME MORE WASTE AWARE – Take a close look at your normal routine to see how much waste you generate in your day-to-day life. We bet you will learn that a few little lifestyle changes can make a real difference to how much goes to the curb. Read more
2. DITCH SINGLE-USE PLASTIC – The energy used to produce and dispose of modern convenience items like water bottles, straws, plastic forks and shopping bags, is staggering. Read more
3. FIND SUSTAINABLE OPTIONS – When you purchase, select the options that use less energy to produce, have a longer lifespan or are easier to recycle. Read more
4. START COMPOSTING – Your garbage may contain a whole bunch of discarded food stuff. When you divert some of these items to indoor, backyard or municipal composting, you will improve your soil and save on garbage disposal costs. Read more
5. REDUCE HOUSEHOLD PAPER – Trees are an important part of mitigating the impact of climate change. If you can reduce the paper coming into your household, the trees will thank you. Read more
6. GET YOUR Rs IN ORDER – It’s great to recycle while reducing our waste, but only after carefully considering the other three Rs: Reduce, Re-Use & Repair. A full Blue Bin shouldn’t be your only goal. Read more
7. PICK UP SOME LITTER – Perhaps you think “that’s someone else’s waste!” Yes, we know, but getting out to clean up our neighbourhood is a great way to keep Owen Sound beautiful while protecting our local water system and wildlife from the toxic impact of trash. See Events